Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pocket Full Of Change For Your Soul

"Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul.” Mark 8:37

            As I sit in my room meditating on this verse, events and certain philosophies from my past piece together in my mind. I wrote them in a story format:

            I’ve just arrived at my house coming from my friends, had a couple of bluts, and bong hits. I’m high, but it’s wearing off. As I sit in my room thinking of the things said during the Bible study that I went to earlier today. Pondering on the message, I then smell the weed on my clothes. Conviction strikes at my heart. I’ve done something terribly wrong and my heart knows it. I begin to see the truth: Satan has a snare on my soul. I drop to my knees asking God to get my soul back for me. I begin to try to bargain with God: “God, if you deliver me from Satan I’ll give up weed.” I hear His response in my heart: “It’s not enough.” “What more do you want from me?” I reply. “Give me your life; follow Me, and I will give you more than your soul. I’ll make you a new creation. I’ll become your Father and your closest friend. Salvation you will receive.” My heart begins to leap with joy and tears run down my face as I say, "You can have it." The prodigal son has returned home to his Father.

Verse That Came to Mind: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do [them]. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God."-Ezekiel 36:26-28

            Application: I will commit to praying more and reading His Word today to draw closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment