Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Be Free To Reign...

“So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,” Acts 2:45

            The people gave up their possessions, sold them, and split the profit with the Church. They didn’t want their material possessions to be their god, and they wanted to contribute to the Church. I myself, like them, own a few things.
           
I grew up in a home that was broken. My mother worked back braking hours to provide for the household. No, I don’t have a lot of clothes. I don’t have a lot of money. I don’t have a fancy car. I don’t have a house, but I do have a loving family. I have a good amount of clothes. I have enough money to get by, I have a car that gets me from point A to point B. I have a small apartment with my family that I’m happy to call my home.
           
Although I have little, I’m content. But this does not mean that I don’t have a false god reigning in my heart. I have bitterness and anger on the throne of my heart instead Jesus Christ. I see it now, and I will dethrone those emotions so my God can truly reign in my heart.

Application: I will pray and seek the Lord to help me get rid of the anger and bitterness in my heart. To resolve my issues I have through the Lord's strength.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jesse,
    Praying for you brother! God if Faithful to heal and bind up all that is broken! Stay stong in the Lord's might! Stay warm too! Many Blessings! Love, The Bouziane Posse'

    ReplyDelete