Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Body Is Missing A Toe.

“Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common” Acts 2:44

            I walk into a room. I see a great number of people gathering together. I say to myself, “Nothing strange about that.” But then I see the faces of the people. A joy radiates from them. I can’t figure out why they have this joy. Then I hear a man and women yell out, “Praise Jesus!” and “Glory to God!” I’m determined to find out why they are gathering, so I go up to the man and ask him, and he responds, “Gathering together as one body.” But I did not understand.
           
Still confused on why they are gathering. I go up to a woman and ask her, “Why are you gathering together?” With a smile on her face she replies, “Because we are here to fellowship and encourage one another and talk about Jesus Christ because He is our God; our all; our everything.” I begin to feel convicted. I too am a believer, but I’m afraid to join them, but I must not be afraid because Satan wants me to be out of the body of Christ. Satan wants me to feel alone, but in reality, I’m not. I’m with brothers and sisters in Christ who love the Lord and are here for me.

Application: I can’t be afraid to be close to my team, this family. When I have a struggle I need to come to a brother for prayer and encouragement. By doing that we draw closer as the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment