Saturday, January 28, 2012

Be Bold

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” - Mark 6:38

     Before I came to Potter’s Field Ranch, I was working and attending college. I was majoring in Philosophy. It’s a subject that has interested me for a while now. My faith in Jesus Christ led me to Philosophy.
     
     I would be questioned by my Atheist friends forcing me to look for evidence for my belief. I did. And God used Philosophy to answer them. As I began to go more I depth into Philosophy, I joined the philosophy club to enjoy philosophical discussions with people who enjoy deep discussions on subject. It was great at first, but then it went a direction I didn’t want it to go. We began to discuss about religion.
    
     A couple of them went on an all out attack on Christianity, misquoting Scripture, taking them out of context, and they attacked strawman arguments. I knew the answers to some of their recycled arguments such as, the problem of evil. But instead of standing up and engaging them in dialogue, I just sat their quiet as a church mouse. I was afraid of how they would view me, or that they would refute my answers. I did not see it then, but I see it now. I was ashamed of God. I could have just not cared about their opinions of me, and allow that experience of being questioned to push me to seek answers for them, which would strengthen my faith. But no, I was ashamed to be considered a Christian. I need to repent, and seek His forgiveness, and have a closer relationship with Him so that it won’t happen again, so I can say boldly, “I’m a Christian.”

Application: I will pray for the Lord’s forgiveness for my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment