Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ashamed of Christ...

“Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonder and signs were done through the Apostles.” Acts 2:43

            After the apostle Peter made an altar call for anyone to repent from their sin and receive redemption through Jesus Christ. Three thousand came up and accepted Jesus as their Savior. After they committed themselves to the Lord, they followed sound doctrine from the apostles, fellowshipped with one another, had communion, and were in prayer.
           
Then something amazing happened, “fear came upon every soul” (Acts 2:43). At first, that event doesn’t really sound amazing. In fact, its sounds terrifying, but its not. The word “fear” means to be in awe. The people were in awe by the signs and wonders the apostles were doing through Jesus Christ.
           
Today, it’s different. I do not have the ability to do signs and wonders to display to people to win them to Christ like the apostles. Some may see this as unfortunate, but I don’t because I can do something equivalent, if not, greater. I can share the redemption through Jesus Christ and how He saved me. I get to share how Jesus was beaten to the point that recognizing Him was difficult. How He was whipped, tearing His skin and flesh. How he carried the cross and was pierced to it. There He hung until His last breath was taken from Him.

At this point, many would much rather see miracles, but then I share the best part: Jesus rose from the dead three days later with trumpets roaring. Death could not hold him down.  After I share that, I get to tell them that what He endured was meant for us. Showing that we deserved death because of our sins, but He loved us so much that He would take our place on the cross and offer salvation through Him, that we may be able to enter heaven.

Yes, I get to share the Gospel, but in order to do that I have to actually share it. I can not be ashamed or afraid to share the Gospel..

Verse that came to mind: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.”-Romans 1:16

Application: I cannot be ashamed or afraid to share the gospel. I have to be bold for the sake of the lost out in the word. I can prepare for this by strengthening my relationship with God through prayer and reading His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment