Saturday, January 28, 2012

Going With The Flow

“When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, ‘Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.” Mark 8:34
                                        
            Jesus said, “Whoever desires to come after Me…” at this moment everyone is saying, “I do Lord.” They’re eager to interrupt Him and respond to Him, but then they hear the rest of His speech, “…let him deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me.” And as soon as that anxiousness to answer Him arose, it died and withered away. Now the crowd begins to discuss with one another saying, “Is this man mad?” They don’t want to deny themselves.

See, the problem is our society driven on selfishness. You may say that there are some who seek the well being of others, meaning they deny themselves and this is true. But I believe majority of them seek something in return, whether it be a material thing, or praise. They still seek a selfish desire. Our society teaches us to follow our hearts desire, and at times that means steping on someone else to achieve it, but I refuse to go with the flow of society, I’m going against it.  I’m going to deny my fleshly desires and follow Jesus.

Application: I will fast to weaken my flesh and draw closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment