Saturday, January 28, 2012

Losing Your Life

“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.”-Mark 8:35

            We often believe that if we do good deeds we would be saved. Its not just non-believers that believe this even some Christians hold this view as well. Its as if they missed the verse in Ephesians, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself; it is a gift from God, not of works, lest anyone boast” (Eph 2: 8-9). No amount of good deeds can save us from the infinite punishment for committing a crime (sin) toward an Infinite Being.

God knew this so He became that payment to pay price for our sins, so through faith in Jesus we are given the gift of grace, which stands for: God’s Redemption At Christ Expense. I need to remind myself that this walk with the Lord is not always about doing good deeds,  but to walk with the Lord.

Application: I will spend more time in the Word by doing devotions in the morning and at night today. I will also commit to finishing the Old Testament before I officially leave Potters Field Ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment