Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love

"Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - Cor. 13:7

Often times when we read this part of the scripture we tend to ask ourselves, "Is this the love that I have for others?" Which is not wrong, but the question the Holy Spirit asked me is: "Is this the love I have for God?" I'm not going to lie, or sugar coat the truth. I don't have this love for my God.

You would think that this is the love I would have for God, the maker of the universe. Who knew my sins, my thoughts, my backsliding moments before I was even born...before the foundations of the universe and still loved me to point of dying on the cross for me. He endured humiliation when He deserved praise. He took lashes when He deserved glory. He wore a crown of thorns when it should of been a royal crown. He was pierced to a cross and hung there in unbearable pain when He should have been given a throne.

Jesus loved me and believed a sinner like me is worth redemption. After knowing this truth how can I not love Him with a love that is willing to endure trials. A love that is willing to believe all things are within His grasp. A love that is willing to trust Him with my very life.

The sad part is my love for Him is lukewarm when it should be boiling. I'm sorry God. Please give me a heart that burns with a passionate love for You.

Application: I will wake up early in the morning to spend time with my Lord and play some worship songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment