Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Caring Master

“And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, “Come at once and sit down to eat’?” – Luke 17:7
At that time, no one cared for the servants. They were considered just tools and nothing more. They were inferior to people, including their master, so I highly doubt that a master would serve a servant. In fact, I don’t even think he would care much for the servant after working practically all day. But as Christ’s servants He doesn’t treat us as slaves. He welcomes us in to His lovely home, Heaven, to be seated in His presence, which none of us deserve.
Yet, if you think about it Jesus, the living God, was a servant. The Gospel of Matthew tells us: “…The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve…” (Matt. 20:28.) God came and served us, only for us treat Him as an outcast; considering Him a demon, or a mad man. They hated Him so much because He exposed us for who we really were. And yet, He still chose to become our sins and die for us: “…and to give His life for many” (Matt. 20:28). To show us the compassion, the very thing we didn’t show Him. Welcoming us into His home when we didn’t even welcome Him to ours. And when we are tired from serving Him and His people; when we have heavy burdens on our heart, He simply says, “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my Yoke easy and my burden is light” (Matt. 11:28-30). His compassion for us is just breath taking. He cares for us so much and at times we forget about that, or toss it out as “cool fact” about Him.
Application: I will send this to my Church’s youth group and ask them to put this on thier devotion bulletin to share with the kids about our God’s compassion for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment