Saturday, April 28, 2012

Big Ego

"For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself." - Galatians 6:3

Have you ever ran into people who are full of themselves? So self-absorbed? People who thought so highly of themselves, that they would have pictures of themselves in there wallet, so they can look at how great they are. Okay. Maybe I'm exaggerating on the last part, but I'm just trying to get you to bear with me here.

I dont know about you, but I have ran into countless of people with that ego. They believe that they were the "the cream of the crop". Thinking so highly of themselves, as if they invented the light bulb, or something. They often treat others like as a stepping stone to achieve their goals.

Then I became a Christian and I've never thought that I would run into anyone like that in the congregation. I thought that prideful ego only existed outside the church. Boy, was I wrong. I ran into this one guy who loved to take the glory when it belonged to God. When he taught it seemed like he wanted people to focus on him and not on God. He wanted to lead people to Christ, so he could be known as a great evangelist.

This man was doing so many things for the wrong reason. How do I know those were his intentions? Because I am that guy. I did things, so people could give me praise, and be admired for my works. I've notice it in the past, but I thought nothing of it. Man, was I wrong. It grew stronger in my life, to the point I saw myself above God. A very scary place. Since then, I've asked God to help me with prideful ego of mine, and God was faithful to do so. But sin creeps in when we lower our Guard and that's what happened with me. Now I find myself struggling with pride again.

Application: I will pray and ask God to take away my prideful ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment